Terra Bruce Productions is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic individual to join our Administration Team. This is a full-time salaried position.
Job Title: Office Manager
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 40 hours weekly, flexible (Some weekend and evening work may be required)
Reports to: Company Manager
Salary: $50,000.00 annually + Benefits after 3 months of employment
Start date: May 9th, 2022
Application date: April 21st, 2022
Why Terra Bruce Productions?
We are an arts organization with a vision, on the path to building one of the largest production companies in Atlantic Canada. Our growth is rapid & fast-paced, with ample opportunities for career growth along the way. We offer competitive salaries, generous health benefits, and professional development (such as EDI & first aid training), vacation days, and personal time off when needed. We recognize the demands on parents and provide support as much as possible.
We’re a company built on creativity that likes to work hard, but we’re also not afraid to have a good time. And when you find yourself regularly surrounded by some of Newfoundland’s top talent, what else would you expect?
About the Role
- Processes the reconciliation of all petty cash advances, ensuring accuracy, and provides receipts to Executive Director (ED) for approval.
- Reconciles Company Visa purchases, ensuring accuracy, and provides receipts to ED for approval.
- Oversees and submits weekly payment reports for part-time and contractual staff.
- Oversees Employee Benefits administration.
- Provides support for box office, bar and rental contracts, inventory, and reconciliations.
- Set up and maintenance of physical and digital filing system for contracts, HR contracts, Industry information.
- Set up and maintenance of physical and digital filing system and calendars for Industry associations including PACT, EQUITY, ACTRA, ADC, IATSE
- Provides administrative support services to Executive Producer, Executive Director and Company Manager as required
- Set up and maintenance of management meeting calendar
- Maintains administrative calendars and schedules meetings as necessary/assigned
- Maintains general email and voice messages, forwarding requests to the proper departments
- office duties as required.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Maintains inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Maintains database of and oversees building & maintenance sub-contractors including snow clearing, cleaning, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, security, hydro and internet/communications for all St. John’s based Terra Bruce properties.
- Oversees contracts, invoicing, expense reconciliations, scheduling and ensures fulfillment of above sub-contractors.
Travel and Accommodations
- Arranges Travel and Accommodations for Executive Producer, Executive Director, and management team.
- Arranges Travel and Accommodations for all touring engagements for artists, technical and production staff.
- Maintains database of travel information for company personnel.
- Creates and distributes travel memos as required.
- Provides Finance department with all pertinent financial information re: travel expense reports, per diems and other expenses.
- Creates and distributes venue and region information packages for travelling company.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Key Responsibilities
- 2+ years in Office Manager role (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites and other office technology.
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and payroll.
- Proficiency with basic accounting and office procedures and working knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks or equivalent).
- Knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in an Arts setting an asset.
Terra Bruce Productions values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. We will prioritize applicants from the BIPOC community. Recent graduates from Theatre programs seeking to put new skills to work in an open and collaborate environment are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please do not hesitate to make a request.
This position is open to those located in St. John’s, NL, only. Some assistance for re-location may be made available.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with references in a single PDF by email to Nefren Feizo-Gas, Company Manager, at email@example.com. Please include your full name and position title in the subject line when applying.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Terra Bruce Productions, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.